Title CPD Hours
Principles of Wealth Management: Industry Overview for High Net Worth 8
This one-day module provides the foundational knowledge for a covered person in Private Banking to understand the obligations and the regulatory requirements.
1. Overview of the Wealth Management Industry in Singapore
- Recognise who is offered Wealth Management Services and what their Objectives are.
- Recognise what types of institutions participate in the industry in Singapore and how they compare in terms of services offered.
- Understand who can offer Wealth Management services as an individual, what credentials they require and their basic responsibilities.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the Regulatory Framework, including the Code of Conduct, for individuals providing wealth management services and investment advice to High-Net-Worth Individuals.
2. Fundamentals of Client Acquisition, On boarding and Servicing
- Understand the basic do’s and don’t’s associated with marketing to prospective clients including specifics associated with marketing efforts outside of Singapore.
- Demonstrate an understanding of key considerations when opening accounts for new clients including how to perform due diligence procedures to cover for risks associated with KYC/AML, tax avoidance, terrorist financing and other potential reputational risks to the institution offering wealth management services and the industry in Singapore in general.
- Understand how to obtain comprehensive information to establish a client’s wealth management needs including how to develop an Investment Policy statement establishing specific objectives and risk tolerances related to a client’s specific goals.
- Recognise specifics required to perform on-going client servicing including performance of regular portfolio reviews and the identification of triggers warranting action including amending an Investment Policy Statement or Suspicious Transaction reporting.
Principles of Wealth Management: Complex Investment Products & Alternative Investments 8
This one-day module provides the foundational knowledge for a covered person in Private Banking to understand the key features of products specific to all key asset classes use3d to construct portfolios used to achieve client wealth management objectives including recognizing return characteristics and inherent risks to be understood in the construction of an appropriate client portfolio. Specific Asset Classes covered include:
- Structured Products
- Alternative Investments
Principles of Wealth Management: Core Investment Products 8
This one-day module provides the foundational knowledge for a covered person in Private Banking to understand the key features of products specific key asset classes used to construct portfolios used to achieve client wealth management objectives including recognizing return characteristics and inherent risks to be understood in the construction of an appropriate client portfolio. Specific Asset Classes covered in this 1-day module include:
- Fixed Income
- Foreign Exchange
Principles of Wealth Management: Macroeconomics, Portfolio Management, Credit & Leverage 8
This one-day module provides the foundational knowledge for a covered person in Private Banking to understand basics of portfolio management theory, macroeconomics, credit, and leverage.
Tools in a Wealth Planner's Toolbox: Trust, Tax & Estate Planning 7
Each life stage of a client poses unique challenges and opportunities. Understanding this is key to designing wealth planning solutions which incorporate the client’s needs and values. Participants will learn how to engage clients and their families to help them attain their long term objectives of wealth preservation, inter-generational wealth transfer, and succession planning.
Participants will be taught how to identify their client’s latent wealth planning needs and to develop solutions through in-depth coverage of topics such as inter-vivos gifts, wills, companies, trusts, and foundations.
Whatever the wealth planning solution, participants will gain relevant and practical insights on how they can be better positioned and differentiated from the competition, by adopting a more holistic approach to their clients’ needs.
This session makes extensive use of real-life case studies focusing on Asian families, to reinforce the application of wealth planning concepts and solutions. Client advisors will feel more confident about initiating conversations with clients on their wealth planning needs.