Certificate for Family Office Advisors – Foundation
A Programme tailored for professionals supporting dynasties of the new era.
- Duration:3.5 Days
- Next Intake:August 2021
- Application Dateline:End-July 2021
- Accredited:IBF Standards
Drawing on real-world case studies, the foundation level facilitates the overall understanding of the types of family offices, their different functions, the legal and fiscal context in which they operate, as well as means and tools that can help protect wealth for the long term. A significant part of the learning will seek to understand the human context of wealth owners: individuals, entrepreneurs and families. This forms the foundation of a two part course and is required prior to taking the Certificate for Family Office Advisors-Advanced programme.
Singapore Institute of Legal Education (SILE)
Eligible CPD Points: 3
Practice Area: Private Client
Training Level: Foundation
Participants who wish to obtain CPD Points are reminded that they must comply strictly with the Attendance Policy set out in the CPD Guidelines. For this activity, this includes signing in on arrival and signing out at the conclusion of the activity in the manner required by the organiser, and not being absent from the entire activity for more than 15 minutes. Participants who do not comply with the Attendance Policy on any particular day of the activity will not be able to obtain CPD Points for that day of the activity. Please refer to http://www.sileCPDcentre.sg for more information.
Certification & Funding
Upon successful completion of the programme and passing of all assessments, participants will be:
Awarded the WMI Certificate for Family Office Advisors – Foundation
Eligible for Core FAA/SFA CPD: 5 hours
Eligible for the IBF Level 2 Certification in Private Banking (Sales, After Sales, Distribution and Relationship Management)*
*Terms and conditions apply, Participants who meet the experience requirement as mandated by IBF will be eligible for IBF Level 2 Certification only upon successful completion of both the Foundation and Advanced programmes. For more information, please visit: https://www.ibf.org.sg/certification/Pages/Why-be-Certified.aspx?p=Professional+Development
The Certificate for Family Office Advisor – Foundation programme has been accredited under the Skills Framework for Financial Services and is eligible for funding under the IBF Standards Training Scheme (IBF-STS), subject to all eligibility criteria being met.
IBF-STS provides 90% course fee subsidy for direct training costs subject to a cap of S$7,000 per participant per course. Find out more on funding criteria and eligibility at www.ibf.org.sg
Participants are advised to assess the suitability of the courses and its relevance to his/her business activities or job roles.
For more information:https://www.ibf.org.sg/programmes/Pages/FOA_SkillsMap.aspx
|Certificate for Family Office Advisor -Foundation||Full Fees (S$)||Fees after 90% IBF-STS Courses Fee Subsidy (For Singaporeans / PR) (S$)|
1) A non-refundable application fee of S$85 is required upon online application submission.
2) The fees listed above are after IBF-STS funding (90% till 31 Dec 2021). Any discrepancies in registration details or failure to meet minimum IBF academic requirements will result in an unsuccessful IBF reimbursement claim and students will be liable for the full tuition fees of S$6,000.00. For funding eligibility criteria and more information regarding the funding, please visit https://www.ibf.org.sg/programmes/Pages/IBF-STS.aspx.
Who Should Attend
- Multi and Single Family Office Representatives
- Wealth Planning Professionals
- Private Bankers and Client Relationship Managers handling UHNW and Family Office segment
- Family Trust Consultants
- Private Client Practice Professionals including lawyers and accountants
- External Asset Management Professionals
- Financial Planners
Participants who are interested in this programme have also enquired about the following programmes:
- Certificate for Family Office Advisors – Advanced
- Certificate in Trust Services
- Advanced Certificate in Trust Services
|Certificate for Family Office Advisors – Foundation (2021)||Time|
|1st September, Wednesday||9am – 4pm|
|2nd September, Thursday||9am – 4pm|
|3rd September, Friday||9am – 4pm|
|11th September, Saturday||9am – 10.30am|