The two modules on Ethics and Rules & Regulations (R&R) are carefully laid across small bite-size portions with each adopting WMI’s unique Learn-Apply-Review pedagogy. Learn covers the knowledge required which is followed by case studies to allow learners to Apply the knowledge gained. Review is achieved through a brief knowledge check before continuing to the next topic.
The case studies, developed and updated by WMI’s practice-led faculty, are based on real situations which advisers face, and challenge the learner to reflect on the ethical or regulatory aspects governing such situations.
There are two final assessments. One after completing all topics under Ethics and one after completing all topics under Rules & Regulations. Both assessments are administered online within the programme through a multiple-choice question (MCQ) format. Successful completion of both modules and final assessments will allow the learner to be eligible for 6 Core/RRCE CPD hours.
The areas covered across these two modules relate to:
- Applying professional and personal ethics and understanding its value in developing trust
- Learning on the various industry codes of conduct and reflecting on one’s personal code of conduct
- Gaining awareness of factors which influence one’s ethics and adopting an ethical decision framework when encountering ethical dilemmas
- Understanding the regulatory framework and the specific regulatory acts and guidelines which governs the adviser
- Recognising and managing risks from a financial adviser representative’s perspective
- Guarding against criminal activities, illegitimate funds and terrorism financing through knowledge on the legislative controls and regulations related to Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Countering the Financing of Terrorism (CFT) and Politically Exposed Persons (PEP)