Title CPD Hours
Principles of Wealth Management (PWM) 21
While this three-day IBF-FTS programme was first developed for Covered Persons, non-Covered Persons will equally benefit from topics and areas which aims to cover the broad range of knowledge related to the wealth management industry for those serving High Net Worth clients. While there are no formal assessments, this three-day programme has knowledge checks and after-class tutorial sessions to help participants ensure sufficient grounding in the areas topics taught.
The programme provides the following knowledge:
- Overview of the wealth management industry in Singapore in terms of services generally offered, the various financial institutional set ups which provide these services and the general client segments served
- The regulatory framework which governs this industry and the various rules & regulations and guidelines which are set in place
- The client processes from acquisition, KYC, fact find, on boarding, servicing, investment & advisory, portfolio review and maintenance and the critical compliance and reporting procedures and guidelines which govern these processes
- The various asset classes and products(e.g. fixed income, funds, FX, credit & leverage, options, structured products etc.) in terms of their features, risk, benefits as well as a basic understanding of investment management and portfolio allocation using these products as building blocks
- Basic understanding of key concepts related to wealth planning such as trusts, wills, insurance etc.